Обращение, В начале письма автор обычно: Благодарит адресата за ранее полученную корреспонденцию; Извиняется, что не написал раньше Основная часть письма (2- 3 абзаца). В ней должны быть раскрыты все аспекты, указанные в задании. Не забудьте задать все необходимые вопросы. В конце письма автор обычно упоминает о дальнейших контактах (используются фразы-клише). Завершающая фраза, Подпись автора (имя) Адрес пишущего (указывается в правом верхнем углу) Пустая строка Дата написания письма (под адресом)
Слайд 3: How to write a letter to a friend The task states a number of words, e.g. 100-140
Your address (in the upper right hand corner) The date Salutation, Thanking for the previous letter. Apologizing for not writing sooner and saying why this was not possible (explain why, say what you’ve been doing recently). Referring to your friend’s news. Giving news and introducing new points. Answer all your friend’s questions and don’t forget to ask all necessary questions. Give a reason for ending your letter. Say when you hope to see/contact your friend. A closing phrase, Best wishes, FIRST NAME
Адрес пишется следующим образом : Номер дома, название улицы город, страна Например, 87 Green Street Moscow Russia Краткий адрес : Moscow Russia или Moscow, Russia Написание даты: June 7 th 2009 7 June 2009 и ли менее официально: 07/06/09 Обращение : Dear Tim,
Слайд 5: Useful phrases
1. Thanking for the previous letter. Thanks (a lot) for your (last) letter. – ( Большое ) спасибо за твоё ( последнее ) письмо. Your last letter was a real surprise! – Твоё последнее письмо было настоящим сюрпризом ! I was glad to get your letter. – Был рад получить твоё письмо. It was great to hear from you. – Было здорово получить от тебя весточку. I was happy to hear that… - Был счастлив услышать, что …
2. Apologizing for not writing sooner and saying why this was not possible (explain why, say what you’ve been doing recently) Sorry I haven’t written for so long but … - Извини, что так долго не писал, но… Sorry I haven’t been in touch for so long. – Извини, что не связывался с тобой так долго. I ’ m sorry I haven ’ t answered earlier but I was really busy with my school. – Извини, что не ответил раньше, но я, действительно, был занят школой (учебой).
3. Giving news and introducing new points. Listen, did I tell you…? Oh, and another thing. By the way, you’ll never guess/believe. Let me tell you about Anyway, you asked me to tell you… The big news is that… One piece of sad news – you’ll be sorry to hear that…
4. Giving a reason for ending your letter. Well, By the way, Anyway, So, Guess what? Wish me luck!
5. Saying when you hope to see/contact your friend. Write (back) soon! Take care and keep in touch! Drop me a letter when you can. Hope to hear from you soon.
6. Closing phrases. Yours, Best wishes, All the best, (Lots of) love,
Слайд 11: Examples :
I. Одним из вариантов письма может послужить следующее: You have 30 minutes to do this task. You have received a letter from your English-speaking pen-friend Tom who writes: … In Great Britain most young people want to become independent from their parents as soon as possible. Could you tell me what you and your friends think about not relying on your parents? Are you ready to leave your family immediately after you finish school? Is it easy to rent a house or an apartment for students in Russia? As for the latest news, I have just returned from a trip to Scotland… Write a letter to Tom. In your letter − answer his questions Write 100-120 words. Remember the rules of letter writing.
Слайд 12: II. Choose a more important style of writing a letter to a friend
1. a)Can you give me your advice? b)I would be grateful if you could offer your advice? 2. a)I am writing in reply to your letter asking for advice about making friends… b)You asked me about my way of making friends. 3. a)I wonder when you are planning to come? b)When are you planning to come? 4. a)I hope this advice helps. b)I would very much like to know if this advice was helpful. 5. a)I look forward to hearing from you. b)Well, that’s all for now. Do write back soon. 6. A)Best wishes, B)Yours sincerely, 7. A)Aleksey Sidorov B)Aleksey
С 1. You have 30 minutes to do this task. You have received a letter from your English-speaking pen friend Andrew. …My dad bought me a laptop yesterday. It’s cool! Now I can play computer games everywhere! But it drives my mum crazy. She says that all computer shooting games are stupid. What do teenagers in your country do in their free time? Do you like or dislike computer games and why? What do you use computers for?... Write him a letter and answer his 3 questions. Write 100-120 words. Remember the rules of letter writing.
Слайд 14: III. Informal letter
Dear Andrew! I am writing to you about computer games. How is your mum and dad? My Mum bought me a laptop last year. It is great! Now I can play computer games everywhere! I love play computer games. My favorite game is «Need for speed». It is my hobby. My mum and my dad play computer games, too. Teenagers in my country dislike computer games but they love surfing in the Internet. Well, I must finish now because I have got a test tomorrow. Do you like to travel? Why? I must go in bed. All the best, Anton Ivanov. 21.05.2010 Moscow
Слайд 15: Keys:
Dear Tom, Thanks for your letter. It was lovely to hear from you. You asked me about independence from parents. Well, in Russia opinions are different. Personally, I don’t want to live alone as I don’t have enough money. And yes, it’s easy to rent an apartment for everyone, but only if you have money. Do you like to travel? Do you like to travel with your parents or your friends? What countries did you visit? Well, I have to go now. I promised my Mom to clean the bathroom Moscow Russia 3/04/2012 Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Best wishes, Masha