Слайд 8: 1. Match them up! Match the name of the environments with the unpolluted and polluted images
Слайд 9: 2. Choose the answer! Why do we need the different environments?
Forests are home to many __________ and plants. people animals pets Trees clean the air and produce __________. oxygen hydrogen nitrogen
The oceans are home to __________ of marine animals. hundreds some millions They absorb, transfer and move the __________’s heat. Earth sun moon
The Arctic and Antarctic are __________ places. freezing hot warm The sea is covered in __________, helping to store lots of water. bottles cream ice
Rivers collect water and take it to the __________. bank ocean mountains River plants absorb and clean the water so we can _________ it. breathe eat drink
Слайд 13: 3. Make it right! How are we damaging the different environments? Find the mistake
Every day we throw away hundreds of in paper and card and we destroy more than football fields of forest. trees ___________________ ___________________ plants 3 36
A lot of the rubbish we produce on land pollutes the. Turtles mistake plastic bags for jellyfish and die if they them. parks touch oceans __________________ __________________ eat
The fuel we use for energy makes the climate. As it gets warmer, the ice melts and the sea rises. The land colder s tays. ____________________ _____________________ warmer disappears
Farms and pollute the rivers with pesticides and chemicals. Every day we flush litres of dirty water down the toilet. schools 5 ___________________ ___________________ factories 50
1. Do you switch off your TV/computer/sound system at the wall? a) Always. b) Mostly. c) Sometimes.
2. When you clean your teeth, do you let the water run? a) Yes. b) No! c) Sometimes.
3. Do you grow your own food at home? a) Yes – loads. b) Yes, some. c) No, not really.
4. How many of your home’s light bulbs are low energy ones? a) None / one or two. b) About half. c) All of them.
5. How much of your household waste do you recycle? a) We put our bottles in the bottle bank. b) As much as we can. c) Most of what we can.
6. How did you travel to your last holiday? a) By boat or train. b) On foot or by bicycle. c) By air.
7. How do you get to school? a) Walk or cycle. b) School bus. c) Car.
9. If you’re buying a present, which matters MOST to you ? a) Price. b) Was it made locally? c) Will the person I’m giving it to like it?
10. How many times do you re-use the plastic bags shops give you? a) Once, maybe. b) Several times. c) I never take them; I always use my own bag.
Слайд 28: RESULTS:
1. (a) 3 points (b) 2 points (c) 1 point 2. (a)1 point (b) 3 points (c) 2 points 3. (a) 3 points (b) 2 points (c) 1 point 4. (a) 1 point (b) 2 points (c) 3 points 5. (a) 1 point (b) 3 points (c) 2 points 6. (a) 2 points (b) 3 points (c) 1 point 7. (a) 3 points (b) 2 points (c) 1 point 8. (a) 2 points (b) 3 points (c) 1 point 9. (a) 1 point (b) 3 points (c) 2 points 10. (a) 1 point (b) 2 points (c) 3 points
How Did You Do? 23 to 30 – Deep Green! 16 to 22 – Emerald Green! 10 to 15 – Light Green!