When you enter the airport terminal you pay attention to flight information monitors
On these flight information monitors you can see ‘Departures’ and ‘Arrivals’. Here you see the status of flights.
on time check-in on time delayed cancelled expected Choose the proper word from the list.
Can you guess the status of the flight? check-in expected delayed on-time boarding
Translate. The plane is on time. After check-in, please proceed to gate 26. All flights to New York today are delayed because of bad weather. Sorry, I have to cancel our plans tonight. Kate and Dom are expecting a baby. The plane took off at 8.30 a.m. There are several departures (buses, trains, or planes) for Paris every day. Show your passport when you get to arrivals. The bird landed on my finger. Самолет прибывает по расписанию. (=вовремя) После регистрации, пожалуйста, пройдите к выходу 26. Все рейсы в Нью-Йорк сегодня задерживаются из-за плохой погоды. Извините, но я вынужден отменить наши планы на вечер. Кейт и Дом ждут ребенка. Самолет взлетел в 8.30 утра. В Париж ежедневно отправляется несколько рейсов (автобусы, поезда или самолеты). Покажите свой паспорт, когда вы доберетесь до места прибытия. Птица села мне на палец.
Flight number 5409 to Istanbul, registration in progress. Passengers are requested to follow to registration stands 54 and 55. Flight number 1234 to Helsinki is delayed. Estimated time of arrival is 13 hours 50 minutes. in progress to request to follow a registration stand to be delayed estimated time в процессе выполнения просить следовать стойка регистрации быть задержанным предполагаемое время
1. check-in Here you are! a window seat an aisle a passport tickets to check bags a suitcase a boarding pass to carry on a bag/ a carry - on a priority baggage tag
- Hello! Your ticket and passport please. - Here you are. May I have a window seat, please? - I’m sorry, but we have no window seats left. - I’d like to sit near the aisle, please. May I have an aisle seat, please? - Not a problem. Do you want to check this bag? - No, I’ll check these two suitcases and carry on this bag. Do you have priority baggage tags? - Sure, sir. Here’s your boarding pass and priority baggage tag. - Thank you. - Enjoy your flight! check-in
32,3 You have excess baggage. What shall I do? to pay 100 dollars to check two bags to take out some of the stuff and carry it on Idea 2 Idea 3 Idea 1
- I’m sorry but you have excess baggage. The maximum weight allowed is 23 kilos for each piece of baggage. - But I’m traveling with a child. We have two seats. - You can check two bags. It’s not a problem. Or I will have to charge you 100 dollars. - OK. I’ll take out some of my stuff and carry it on. - Very well. Sorry for the inconvenience. to charge sb some money
2. passport control area Next you go through the passport control area where a customs officer checks your passport.
3. security check Then you head for security check, go through a metal detector.
4. departure gate/lounge Finally you go to the departure gate. The number of your Gate you can see in your boarding pass. There you can have a rest and visit the duty-free shop.
About half an hour or forty minutes before take-off, you listen to the airport announcement, the invitation to the boarding the plane. 5. just before boarding
Match. departure gate check-in boarding take-off airport terminal excess baggage
Fill in: When they weighed our baggage at the ………………………… we were told that we had exceeded our allowance by seven kilos. Passengers can wait for their flight in the …………………………. It took the Fullers a long time to get through …………………………. Lisa was in the ………………………… buying presents for her family when her flight was called. Brian looked at the ………………………… and saw that his flight was delayed. passport control duty-free shop check-in desk departure lounge departures board
Riddles The part of the airport you walk through when you arrive or depart. an airport terminal
The place where you go when you arrive at the airport with your luggage. check-in desk
The place where you sit and have a drink when you are waiting for your flight to be called. a departure lounge
Последний слайд презентации: Airport part 1/2
In which order is the passenger asked/told the following? Number the phrases below from 1-7. where/when to board? who packed his bags? Listen to the recording. where he would like to sit? to hand over h is travel documents? to say whether he is carrying any forbidden items? how much luggage he has? where to put his suitcase? 7 5 2 1 6 3 4